Whatever your life goals are, there’s one activity you need to engage in regularly. If you skip it, you are denying yourself the opportunity to accelerate your success with instant access to solutions, resources, motivation, and growth.
This activity is Masterminding.
Imagine meeting once a week or month with a group of five or six like-minded people to share ideas, thoughts, information, feedback, contacts, and resources…
I promise that your view of the world, your goals, and your future will greatly expand when you do this. However, you must gather the right people. That is key to an effective mastermind group.
Masterminding has always been my favorite way to support my colleagues, students, train others, and develop new strategies. Whenever I struggle with something, I reach out to my mastermind group and the treasure trove of ideas and solutions always amazes me. This powerful tool has helped me throughout my career whenever I want to try something new or level up my life. And it’ll do the same for you.
What is a Mastermind Group?
There is synergy of energy, commitment, and excitement that participants bring to a Mastermind Group. The beauty of Mastermind Groups is that participants raise the bar by challenging each other to create and implement goals, brainstorm ideas, and support each other with total honesty, respect and compassion. Mastermind participants act as catalysts for growth, devil’s advocates and supportive colleagues.
The concept of the Mastermind Group was formally introduced by Napoleon Hill in the early 1900’s. In his timeless classic, “Think And Grow Rich” he wrote about the Mastermind principle as:
“The coordination of knowledge and effort of two or more people, who work toward a definite purpose, in the spirit of harmony.”
“No two minds ever come together without thereby creating a third, invisible intangible force, which may be likened to a third mind.”
In a Mastermind Group (also known as a peer advisory board), the agenda belongs to the group, and each person’s participation is key. Your peers give you feedback, help you brainstorm new possibilities, and set up accountability structures that keep you focused and on track. You will create a community of supportive colleagues who will brainstorm together to move the group to new heights.
You’ll gain tremendous insights, which can improve your business and personal life. Your Mastermind Group is like having a objective board of directors.
What Will You Get From It?
- Answers and ideas, which come from brainstorming with the group
- Tap into the experience and skills of others
- Increased confidence that you’ve made the right decisions and are taking the right actions to achieve your goals
- Accountability and real progress in your business and personal life
- An instant and valuable support network
- A sense of shared endeavor – there are others out there!
- Design things to be the way you want them to be, not as you’ve been told they “should” be
- A boost to your everyday positive mental attitude
Who Should Attend a Mastermind Group?
- have a similar interest (such as a group for self-employed people, first-time authors, CEOs, real estate investors, or a group for people in a certain corporation or industry)
- have a similar skill and/or success level
- have the desire and inspiration to make this year extraordinary
- want a supportive team of Mastermind partners
- want to reach or exceed their goals
- are ready to let their desire to be passionate about their life and work overcome their fear of change